4.2 C
New York
Thursday, May 30, 2024



Justice delayed does not always mean denied. However, in this case, it looks like the US prosecutors are denying Shanquella Robinson and her family justice. Federal prosecutors will not file criminal charges in the death of Shanquella Robinson, they announced in a statement Wednesday.

In their statement announcing no US charges, United States Attorney Dena King and the FBI said there was not enough evidence of wrongdoing to issue criminal charges in this case.

“Based on the results of the autopsy and after a careful deliberation and review of the investigative materials by both U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, federal prosecutors informed Ms. Robinson’s family today that the available evidence does not support a federal prosecution.”

Shanquella’s family met with King and investigators from the FBI late Wednesday morning. The family is expected to hold a press conference Wednesday afternoon. The meeting comes weeks after Robinson’s family sent a letter to the White House demanding action.

What happened to Shanquella Robinson?

Shanquella Robinson, 25, died on October 29, 2022, while on a trip with friends to Cabo, Mexico.

Shanquella’s parents were initially told by others on the trip that she had gotten sick with alcohol poisoning. After Robinson died, the family says they were told by Mexican authorities that alcohol poisoning was determined as the cause of her death.

Despite the alleged reports, her death certificate from Mexico suggests a different story, saying Robinson died due to a severe spinal cord injury.

“After they said it was alcohol poisoning, we received the autopsy report on Thursday and it said that her neck had been broken and she had a back spasm there was a crack, spinal cord was crack,” her parents said. “That took it to a whole ‘nother level because that meant somebody had attacked her.”

The Autopsy Report

According to the autopsy report, Shanquella was actually alive when medical help first arrived, despite media reports saying she died within 15 minutes of her injuries. A doctor from a local hospital was with Robinson and others in the house for close to three hours before she was pronounced dead.
The information from the police report shows that at 2:13 p.m. on Oct. 29, medical help was called to Villa Linda, by Wenter Donovan, of Greensboro. Donovan is one of the 6 “friends”. It took about an hour for Dr. Karolina Beatriz Ornelas Gutiérrez, of the American Medical Center, a local hospital, to arrive to treat Robinson. It was called in as a non-emergency routine call. Dr. Gutiérrez says she was told Robinson had “drunk a lot of alcohol” and the medical call was for Robinson to “be given an IV.”
The doctor found Shanquella with stable vital signs but dehydrated, unable to communicate verbally, and appearing to be intoxicated. The doctor reported that she believed Robinson needed to be transferred to a hospital but her friends insisted that she be treated in the villa. Dr. Gutiérrez attempted an IV but was unsuccessful.
The doctor was there for close to an hour when Shanquella began to have a seizure. Wenter called 911 to request an ambulance around 4:20 pm. The doctor along with one of the “friends” began CPR, when Shanquella lost her pulse at 4:49 pm. Police arrived and talked with the doctor who was treating Robinson at 5:25 p.m. The report says the paramedics “administered a total of 14 rounds of CPR, five doses of adrenaline, and six discharges (AED shocks) without success.” She was pronounced dead at 5:57 pm.
Official autopsy reports list the cause of death as “severe spinal cord injury and atlas luxation.” The #FBI and Mexican police have launched an investigation. The FBI also has a copy of the tape.

Shanquella Robinson Was Abused on Video

A video was released showing the moments Shanquella was violently attacked by her so-called friends. The video below may be disturbing to some viewers, please use discretion.