Today we remember the BEST to ever do it, Michael Jackson!
11 years ago today on June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson died at the age of 50 after suffering from cardiac arrest. Just like anyone else I can remember the day, the time, the hour, where I was and what I was doing when I found out the shocking news. I have a lot of favorite MJ songs, so I have created a list of 11 songs you must play today. These songs are in no particular order.
11 Michael Jackson Songs you must play
- Billie Jean- This is a true CLASSIC! From the beat to the lyrics, and the dance moves. This hit was released on January 2, 1983. Cool fun fact, MJ recorded this song by singing into a cardboard tube.
2. Beat it- Who don’t love this song? Beat It won Record of the year at the 1983 Grammy’s. This hit song was released on July 29, 1982
3. Rock With You- This song was MJ’s 3rd song to top the Billboard Hot 100. Released on November 3, 1979. This classic puts me in a singing mood.
4. Heal The World- This song is needed so much right now. Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race. Everything about this song is moving. The Heal The World Foundation was founded in 1992. This song was released on November 26, 1991.
5. You are not alone- This beautiful song was written by R. Kelly released on June 16, 1995, and it was the first song in US history to debut at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
6. Thriller- I don’t think there is one person in this world who did not try and learn the thriller dance. This is my favorite Michael Jackson song. This iconic song released on November 30, 1982. In 2009 this video was the first ever to be registered in the national film registry in 2009.
7. They don’t care about us- All I want to say is that they don’t really care about us! Michael already knew. This is definitely a jam.
8. Black or White- It doesn’t matter if you’re Black or White. That’s right it shouldn’t matter. We need this message today!
9. Remember The Time- I’m sure we all can remember the time. Anything that is significant we can remember. I love this song so much.
10. The Way You Make Me Feel- This was such a dope flirty song. I loved the music video.
11. Smooth Criminal- Now I know you tried that lean he did in the video.
Hmmmmm I said just 11? Ok, just one more. There are literally so many amazing songs by Michael it was hard choosing just 11. This last song is an honorable mention.
Man In The Mirror- This song is so powerful. It talks about making a change within yourself. You have to start with the man in the mirror. Be the change you want to see. Micahel Jackson knew exactly what we needed.
Thank you so much for everything Michael! You will forever live on in our hearts. Your music Is timeless and it will never die.